Our practice is committed to patient wellness and education. Our office encourages you to participate in treatment strategies with your provider. Your provider will discuss your goals and objectives and fully explain your condition and treatment options.
What Makes Our Practice Different
- We are committed to four words WHERE PATIENTS COME FIRST
- We are committed to being strong patient advocates.
- We provide a select team of board certified physicians and medical providers.
- We provide excellent accessibility for patients.
- We are committed to maintaining internal quality parameters and monitoring systems.
- We maintain a strong administrative infrastructure to support physicians and staff, allowing them to focus on patient care.
- We are committed to being proactive and visionaries.
Your fee is based on the time spent with you during your visit, the complexity of your medical condition and any treatment that is provided. But proper attention to your care also requires additional time spent beyond that when you are in the office. Such time may be used to:
- Create or maintain your permanent medical record.
- Review, interpret and document all lab test results and communicate those results, orally or in writing to you.
- Review current X-ray or scan reports, compare them with reports of previous scans, and, when the studies are abnormal, consult with the radiologist.
- Prepare and mail consultation reports and letters suggesting patients come in for a follow-up visit.
- Consult via phone about your case with referring or consulting physicians and other health care providers.
- Prepare referral letters to additional specialists, as needed.
- Prepare patient education materials.
- Conduct medical research relevant to your case.
- Communicate with pharmacies about your prescriptions.
- Complete insurance applications and claim forms.
- Conduct utilization review negotiations with hospitals and insurance companies.
- Review and manage hospital records.
- Draft letters of necessity to obtain medical services, instruments or prescriptions that you need.
- Arrange for hospital admissions and follow-up consultations with nurses, attending physicians and house staff.
- Draft reports and forms, including home health care orders and nursing facility orders.
All these activities add to our cost of doing business. Still, we are committed to providing you the best possible care at the lowest cost. We hope this explanation of our fees has been helpful. With you, our patient, we look forward to a lasting and healthy relationship.
Patient Forms (PDF/ADOBE Sign)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Healthcare
- Railroad Medicare
- Coventry Healthcare
- Care Plus
- Workmans Comp
- Department of Labor
Below you will find Patients Forms that you may print and fill out prior to your appointment. Please bring with you along with these forms a list of your medications, and insurnce cards.
Please feel free to email us if there are topics, which you would like to see added to this list. As always, we appreciate your feedback.
- Breathing Disorders
- Lung Disease
- Lung Mass
- Chronic Bronchitis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Asbestosis
- Restless Legs